Administrative & Communications Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Community Engagement
We encourage new graduates to apply.
Objective: Support the development team; expand our communication through social media outlets and website. Increase donor communication and gift processing. Engage our Young Professional Board and assist with the administrative work for the Board of Directors.
- Provide clerical support to the CEO and other senior leaders.
- Support the needs of the board of directors including board meeting scheduling, logistics, minute taking and room preparation.
- Maintain inventory of and order office supplies.
- Cross train as backup to collect incoming and outgoing mail as needed.
DONOR RELATIONS/DATA ENTRY
- Enter all in-kind and cash donations and record in our donor database
- Generate donor thank you letters
- Maintain agency’s website with routine updates.
- Continue the strategic development of content, utilizing SEO and insights from Google Analytics.
- Collaborate with website design partner to implement any structural additions or updates.
- Assist with upkeep of the agency Amazon wish list and website donation page
- Coordinate and create social media content and interaction with users in a timely manner
- Collaborate with all departments to develop relevant content to share the agency’s story
- Maintain meeting notes at our all staff meetings
- Create social media graphics, email banners, etc.
- Management of online platform tools to facilitate communication distribution
- Write and distribute agency press releases and ad copy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of organization and proven ability to prioritize on-going responsibilities
- Superb writing, proofreading, editing and oral communication skills required.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Proven ability to effectively use email distribution software (i.e. Constant Contact, Mailchimp)
- Must be diplomatic and able to work cohesively with a diverse population of vendors, staff, clients and volunteers
- Must be able to represent the agency positively by projecting qualities of professionalism, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, knowledge, positivity and flexibility
- Willingness to become familiar with the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, or other related field preferred.
- Numerical aptitude required. Accuracy when working with numbers is required.
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
- Must be able to use own vehicle at times. Valid driver’s license and insurance required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Agency’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category
To Apply: We welcome interested candidates to apply on indeed.com. Should you have any questions feel free to contact Human Resources at 913.432.9300