Title: Kitchen Manager
Responsible to: Client Care Manager
Classification: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Objection: The Kitchen Manager is responsible for planning and preparing healthy meals for all shelter residents, the upkeep and maintenance of the shelter kitchen and the residential kitchen, appliances, pantry and utilizing available food resources both donated and purchased. Supervises the Kitchen Assistant.
· Utilize available food resources to plan and prepare nutritious daily meals for shelter residents 7 days a week.
o Daily Continental breakfast
o Daily lunch items for residents to prepare
o Dinner consisting or main course, side dishes, dessert & beverage
· Prepares menus that takes into consideration the varying health and cultural needs of shelter residents.
· Prepares menus and clear written instructions for preparation and serving of meals on days when not working (Saturday & Sunday).
· Utilize donated foods as much as possible, creates shopping lists (as needed), taking food donations into consideration when creating the menu.
· Prepares food as requested for community, staff, or group meetings at Safehome.
· Prepares and stock pre-made frozen meals and casseroles for emergencies of unexpected absences.
Maintenance and Care of Kitchens
· Maintain a clean and orderly residential and shelter kitchen. Including cleaning of: appliances, walls, cabinets, shelves, countertops, and floor (sweep & mop)
· Assists in meal (breakfast, lunch & dinner) clean ups as needed.
· Cleaning out residential refrigerator(s) and freezer(s)
· Shop for food on a needed basis.
· Supervise receipt and storage of food donations and purchases.
· Place commodity (state) orders.
· Communicate kitchen needs to supervisor if needed.
· Supervise the Kitchen Assistant
· Complete monthly statistics
· Attend staff and program meetings as requested
· Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be familiar with cooking for large number of people, principles of nutrition and kitchen hygiene.
· Must be comfortable teaching basic kitchen skills to others.
· Effective computer literacy skills (Microsoft office suite, data entry skills, word processing, basic email skills, client management programs, etc.)
· Effective oral and written communication skills. This includes telephone, email, and social media etiquette.
· Ability to identify and solve problems in a calm and logical manner. Problem solving will include cooperative efforts with clients, as well as co-workers, and supervisor.
· Must be responsible, accountable and demonstrate integrity.
· Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
· Must demonstrate sound judgement, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently and resources effectively.
· Must be flexible and open to feedback, change and new ideas.
· Must understand the concept of boundaries with clients.
· Ability to work respectfully and professionally with diverse groups of people and various populations in a culturally competent manner.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
· High school degree required. Nutrition, home economics or hospitality education desirable, but not mandatory.
· Experience cooking for large diverse population preferred.
· Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding personal current or past experience with abuse of any kind.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.