Apply Now at Indeed.com
Responsible to: Senior Case Manager & Diversity/Inclusion Manager
Classification: Full-Time Non Exempt
Objection: Provides advocacy, lethality assessments, safety planning, information, referrals, service management, crisis intervention, and follow-up services to our shelter and outreach clients so they may have the support to be successful in pursuing a violence-free life. Embrace the overall understanding that our goal is to build resiliency and independence.
1. Case Manager for shelter and outreach clients.
2. Works directly with clients to determine areas of need and sets goals.
3. Conducts follow-up meetings a minimum of once a week with clients to assess progress toward completing goals and identify areas requiring further assistance.
4. Document services, outcomes and maintain client records in client database (Apricot).
5. Make contact with assigned residents within four (4) days of their initial intake.
6. Complete an intake of residential client within ten (10) business days of entry into shelter.
7. Facilitate transportation and/or transports clients when appropriate.
8. Maintain statistical tracking as required and submit all reports in a timely manner.
9. As needed, assist the Grants and Database Manager in developing, reporting, and evaluating program outcomes and outputs.
10. Participate in client review, supervisions, staff meetings, staff retreat, hotline meetings, appropriate community meetings and other meetings as assigned.
11. Be an effective member of the team.
a. Communicate clearly on an intellectual and emotional level.
12. Participate in the shelter on-call rotation.
- Coordinate a minimum of two Financial Literacy groups (English and Spanish) annually.
- Coordinate eight (8) Economic empowerment groups annually.
- Maintain information on Economic Advocacy information is up to date on all designated bulletin boards.
4. Research, develop, and maintain resources and contacts for the financial industry.
5. Work with staff and volunteers to arrange classes and programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Effective computer literacy skills (Microsoft office suite, data entry skills, word processing, basic email skills, client management programs, etc.)
2. Effective oral and written communication skills. This includes telephone, email, and social media etiquette.
3. Ability to identify and solve problems in a calm and logical manner. Problem solving will include cooperative efforts with clients, as well as co-workers, and supervisor.
4. Must be responsible, accountable and demonstrate integrity.
5. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
6. Must demonstrate sound judgement, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently and resources effectively.
7. Must be flexible and open to feedback, change and new ideas.
8. Must understand the concept of boundaries with clients.
9. Ability to work under substantial stress and handle crisis situations.
10. Ability to work respectfully and professionally with diverse groups of people and various populations in a culturally competent manner.
11. Maintain a valid driver’s license.
12. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant human services field preferred. Experience in advocacy or working with victims of domestic violence may be accepted to supplement education.
2. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding personal current or past experience with abuse of any kind.
Bilingual with previous experience working with Spanish and English-speaking clients
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
It is the policy of Safehome to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- case management: 1 year (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19